Sunday, March 22, 2015

HOW TO ROCK A SHIRT DRESS..

The shirt dress.
Its a wardrobe must have for any savvy slylista.
They are cute for casual outings and can easily be transformed for formal ocassions.. But the key to nailing the look is being clever with the styling.
Sooo... I've done my research (in theory and practical), and I have some tips I'd love to share.

Keep It Loose.
Trust me, this is one of the few scenarios where a loose fitting outfit is more flattering.






The Shorter the dress, the lower the heel.
This is an old rule that applies here. A short dress with flats look great as well as a long one with heels.




Cinch that waist!
Where the shirt dress is too shapeless, you might want to create a figure with a belt. A thin belt usually works fine.




Accessorize!
Upgrade the dress in seconds with a bold necklace, colourful heels, or a chunky bracelet to add some personality to the look.





Well..
With that said, every rule has an exception.. but these tips won't disappoint (*wink)
Stay fab!


photo credit : google images, instagram.

4 comments:

  1. Love the shirt dress. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read often that the shorter the skirt or dress, the higher the heel, because the leg, being more visible might need more definition, than with a long skirt :). Dunno, it depends, I think low shoes can give great definition too.
    Anto

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love To Hear From You.. Please Leave A Comment..